Lenoir Housing Authority
Lenoir Housing Authority is 100% smoke free housing!
Smoking inside of units is completely prohibited.
You must provide the Housing Authority with the following information to enable the Authority to determine your eligibility and the appropriate size unit for you and your family.
All Lenoir housing Authority Public Housing Waiting Lists are currently OPEN.
The following items must be provided to the office with the completed application:
Requested documents must be turned in withing 10 (ten) business days from applied date.
UPLOAD THE DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION (applicant portal), EMAIL - email@example.com, OR IN PERSON AT THE OFFICE.
- Birth Certificate for ALL family members.
- Social Security cards for ALL family members.
- A valid State or Federal issued photo identification such as a state issued drivers license, identification card, passport, etc. for ALL ADULT family members over the age of 18.
- Proof of income and verification of family assets of ALL family members, i.e. wages, Social Security, SSI, Child Support, Unemployment, etc.
- If your name is different than the name on your birth certificate you must provide legal documents for proof of the name change, i.e. marriage license, court ordered adoption papers etc.
Once all documents have been received with the completed application, LHA will review your information and contact you with any follow up questions.
If you select a preference, you must provide verificaiton to support your request.
In order to qualify for Public Housing an applicant must:
- Be a family defined by HUD. See Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy for the definition.
- Meet the HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status. See ACOP for requirements.
- Meet the HUD income guidelines at the time of admission. Income must not exceed the limits established by HUD for Caldwell County.
Click here to find the latest HUD Income Limits
- Pay any money owed to LHA or any other housing authority or Section 8.
- Sign authorization forms so that LHA can verify the various eligibility requirements.
Supplement to Application
Criminal Background Check
Notification & Release of Information
- Not have ANY household members who engage in ANY criminal activity that threatens the life, health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, and not have ANY household members who are engaging in any drug- related or violent criminal activity.
- If you or ANY member of your household has a conviction for manufacturing or producing methamphetamine (speed).
- An eviction from federally assisted housing because of drug related criminal activity. These individuals and their families are ineligible for admission to Public Housing for a five (5) year period beginning on the date of such eviction.
- If you or ANY member of your household are subject to a lifetime registration under a state sex offender registration act will be denied.
- Qualify under the LHA screening criteria.
The US Department of Housing and Urban development determines the size of units needed for qualified applicants.
Here is a link that determines bedroom size: Click here for the HUD Bedroom Sizes Document